Sunday, July 24, 2005

My Tour of Frumster #1

After a light meal to break the fast, I decided to go take a ride in my computer screen to the land of Frumster.com I myself have been a participating member of this remarkable website. No, I will not give you my profile name because I have temporarily suspended it because of some reasons as you will soon read.
I began with the quick search. I chose females between the age of 18 and 25. Out of the observance list, I chose Yeshivish Modern to start. Up pops a list of girls with weird names such as "pious fool(??)" , "juniper(are you a bush?)", "Grounded dreamer (what an oxymoron)", "spring catch (you think you have a fish complex?)" and a bunch of other names that I don't know what are the purpose in catching a guy's eye. I look around for some normal Jewish names. I am hard pressed to find any. I see a normal looking name, age, hight ect. I click. Photo password protected. This sets off a warning signal. What is she trying to hide? Is she that ugly? Does she have low self esteem? I disregard the warning and begin to read the information. All I see are "$$$". She is looking for someone to support her blah, blah, blah, and if he learns on the side, well I wont stop him, that wont be nice to do, since he wont have any friends, blah, blah, and I can always make him take me where ever I want ect. Duh, girl, what are you thinking ?! Why should anyone want to marry you? You think you are so pretty? So witty? Did your daddy make you a princess? Reality check, you have nothing going for you.
Clicking "x" ,I go on to the next one. Here is a genius of a girl who is looking for the perfect husband, who is prince charming. He must have a Phd. in molecular science and of course must drive a Jaguar and be compatible with her sisters-cousins-dogs-uncle. She is funny and gorgeous and promises that we will live it out to the next month until she meets her BF's brother in Medical school and devorces Husband #2 and sues for alimony. Who is raising these girls? Who gives them these expectations of guys?
After looking and getting nauseous at these crazy profiles I went to go see the guys side of the story. It didn't fare better. Most had pictures of themselves in "cool" poses pretending to be Jonny Cash with their cool jobs and fancy pick up lines. "Looking for girl with Boobs, converts welcome". "Smart genius looking to sweep girl off feet. Don't bring underpants." Ugghh. The well oil sex machines were hard at work.
I decided to go look at the Yeshivish/Black hat category. Here girls with names like, "Unattached (I sure hope so, do you come with baggage?)", "curious (didn't you know curiosity killed the cat?)","Hishtadlus(this is the best you can do?)", "crazy chicken(I think you should be in an insane asylum, not looking to get married!!)", "Free (do you come with children?), and a favorite of mine; "Secretagentwoman (are you looking for James Bond?)". To me it doesn't seem like any of these girsl are ready to raise children and to take care of a husband. If they want fun go to a bar, and there plenty of men there who will teach you the way of life. At least one was honest with herself and named herself "beachedwhale".

2 Comments:

Blogger Reuven Chaim Klein said...

lol. good post as usual.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

When I was registered on frumster I didn't give too many details away on my profile because I wanted to share the private stuff after at least 4 to 5 mails.
I'm afraid however that many are indeed there for the fun and not serious about finding a Shidduxch there.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home