Saturday, July 23, 2005

Interview By YMamme

Here is an interview given by my favorite Yiddishe Mamme. Yiddishe Mamme

1) What's your favorite childhood memory?

Wow. That is a doozy of a question. To tell you the truth, most of my childhood was depressing. I was the child who was picked on and made fun of by my classmates. I was the one who was always "out of style". I was never good at sports and I was always quiet in class. Even at home I never appreciated my parents for the way they raised me and gave them a lot of trouble; which meant a lot of petch. (Ch"v-to say my parents hit me a lot, they didn't.) My favorite memories are those of Shabbos and Yomim Tovim. I loved lighting, watching the Chanukah Menorah, and making up skits about the Chashmonaim. Peasach was always spiritual with my father in his white kittel and us little boys all wore a extra large white shirt or karate jacket to imitate a Kittel. The Seder was interactive with singing, laughing and Diverei Torah.


2) What might they have called a computer if they hadn't named it a computer?

Well since the word computer, I think, comes from the word compute, if it wasn't a bunch of geeks making it up it could have been called, "The Brain", or "ThinkBox", or "Gamer". I personally call my computer "The Time Waster", or "Gehenim (Hell) Box".


3) Who's your favorite historical figure?

When I was younger I always wanted to be like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. They were people that I admired and wanted to emulate. George was very truthful as he never wanted to lie about chopping the cherry tree. He also was a great military general and I wanted to join the army. He kicked out the British and now we have B-B-Qs and fireworks in his honor. Abe was a lawyer and freed the slaves. He brought freedom to the world. I used to play with Lincoln logs and I loved the outdoors, so with Daniel Boone and Davie Crockett we would go kill ourselfs some 'injuns.

4) What do you know for sure?

I know that there is a God and that he gave us Jewish people a Torah on Har Sinai. I know that he loves me and everyone else. I know that sometimes I do bad but deep down I want to grow. I know my name. I know my parents love me. I know I want to get married. I know that I know many things. Too many to write all down.

5) Who's your favorite relative?

My family is a very small family. We are a close knit family. I love all my siblings. I love my parents and grandparents. I love my cousins. I am very close to my younger brother who is two years younger than me. We are very honest with each other. We can talk about anything under the sun. He can read my mind.


Now the rules again:
( You need to put these in your post)
1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me please."
2)I will respond by asking you five questions ( not the same as above)
3)You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home