Sunday, July 24, 2005

Interview By NormalJew

An interview from the Funny Peaceful Man of Lakewood with Issues: Normal Jew

1) Will you be a good husband? Explain.

I believe that I will be a good husband and father to my wife and children. The reason why I say this with confidence is because it is something I am continuously working on. I believe being a good husband means listening and caring about ones wife and creating a good marriage. It means understanding why she is upset even if there is no reason. It means thinking illogically. I am very good at that.

2) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

Wow. This is quite personal. My name is not quite "main stream". You might even call it Modern Israeli. I have been made fun of because of my uncommon name. I have always wondered if my life would be different if I had a more common Jewish name. I am tempted to say I would like to change my name to something like Moshe, Aharon or Dovid, since those are names of big Tzaddikim, but the reality is that I have my name and it reflects who I am.

3) Do you consider yourself to be a "cool" guy? Why?

I don't consider myself to be a "cool" guy. It is something I have always wanted to be, but I am not a slickster. I don't wear a five piece Yalmukah, I don't have a "chupe", I don't even have contacts. I wear a three button down suit without pinstripes. Not five or six. My hat is not Borsolino and I don't have a very tiny or very thick band. I don't talk very Yeshivishe and I don't have Elvis sideburns.

4)Do you buy clothes for the "brand name" or for the "look"?

I buy clothes for the look. I am not into brand names. I don't care if it has a label that says Calvin Klien or some fancy Italian name. I would go buy clothes in a discount store if it fits and is good material. If something looks good on me that is what the girls look at. They don't get close enough to look inside my coat jacket.

5) Who is your role model? Why?

B"h I have been blessed with many good role models throughout my life. Starting with my parents- they truly have taught me how to be a Mentch and respect every person, no matter what background they are from. I am a person who learns from everyone. If I see something that someone does is a good thing, I incorporate it into me. In Beis Medrash I have had excellent Rebbeim in the Mir who took care of me like a child, spiritually and financially. I have also met some exceptionally great Yungermans, people who were learning in Kollel, and really gave me great hadracha in life when I was really confused. Their emunah and bitachon in Hashem is something unsurpassed. I also have had some really great chaverim with whom I have developed a special relationship that we can read each other like a book. Especially with trouble in shidduchim, they are always there to lend a listening ear or advice. We also learn on the phone daily, b'chavrusah. I believe a true role model is someone who loves you, cares for you and shows you how to become a better person and grow. There is much to learn form everyone.

Now the rules again:
( You need to put these in your post)
1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me please."
2)I will respond by asking you five questions ( not the same as above)
3)You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interview me

10:11 AM  
Blogger EN said...

me- If it was up to me I would say yes, however NormalJew ivented this thing, so I don't know what to say. Maybe you can e-mail (yeshivab@gmail.com) me direct and I will ask you some questions ;).

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home