Thursday, June 16, 2005

Homing device

I have just returned from a very long night partying. After tutoring, I went to a wedding in Monsey, missed my chavrusa's vort :( , went to someone else's vort becuase my ride back into Brooklyn had to stop off to say Mazal Tov at 1:20 am! And here I am, 2:00 am, sitting at the computer screen letting off steam. And I wonder why I will miss Shachris tommorow morning. (Now that I am reminded, I must make up the Daf tommorow). At the unexpected vort, which was on its last legs by the time we got there, an old lady decided to pick a conversation with me. I politely listened since I am not good at ignoring people, even though sometimes I should, because when they ramble and spew garbage it can affect me. One thing stook out, which I can't tell if it is a Jewish thought or not, but it sounds intelligent, is that there are people, animals, and humans. She also said shalom means respect, which I don't know if that is true in Jewish thought. Be what may, it was an unnerving conversation. (Maybe if she would have been a cute chick instead of an old hag, I would have appreciated it more).
On the way up to Monsey, I heard a great shiur by R' Frand about Lashon Hara and on Teshuva. He is really a dynamic speaker. His words reach to the soul. I really admire him and wish to emulate what he advocates.
I still have not recieved a return phone call from the director of the camp I am trying to get a job as a councelor. I hate it when I have no control. Somethings demand for control and power and somethings are just out of my hands. It is becoming a pain in the neck to decifer the diffrence.
An update on the date. I must pick her up from the airport and entertain her for a two dates back to back, and then take her back to the airport the next day. How's that for a fun time. Besides the fact I don't even have any attachment to her yet. I don't understand why G-d couldn't create one person that I would know for certain this is my destined one. Sort of like a homing device that would go off at age 20 something and viola, instant marriage material. The homing device that I have, goes off at so many different girls that it is giving me a headache. Notwithstanding the discomfort I am causing those poor females by gawking at them. It would of been better off for us all. But who am I to question G-d, I'm sure he knows what he is doing, he's been creating the world for a few thousand years. As was put by a fellow blogger, "It is yuckifying".

5 Comments:

Blogger SemGirl said...

You let me down, YG. After reading your blog on and off for months, I was very shocked at your remark, "maybe if she was a cute chick, instead of an old hag". I thought you were too frum to say something, like that, LOL!!

Let us know how the date goes, and we'll compare notes and see if its as bad as the jerks that I usually go out with.

3:21 PM  
Blogger EN said...

Sem girl- Who is YG? if you meant YB, apology accepted. Second my frumness has nothing to do with my hormones. I am a boy after all. She was an old hag. And I don't even think it is Lashon Harah to write it.

Survivor- It is nice to know that girls feel like that too. I thought only I was going crazy ;) .

6:07 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

sorry, YB.. But I thought your learning prevents your horniness from overpowering you. Am I being naiive. Thats what my brothers tell me..

11:41 AM  
Blogger EN said...

Can you explain to me how that is possible? Torah keeps me occupied when I am do it, but when I am not learning, watch out.

11:46 AM  
Blogger EN said...

Shopaholic-Thank you! :-)

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home