Thursday, July 28, 2005

Interview By Shopaholic

Here is an interview from a someone who puts a smile to my face: Shopaholic

1)What does the term "a successful life" mean to you?


A successful life to me means being able to look back on my life and say what I did was correct and I know that I fulfilled my pontential that G-d has given me.

2)What is the ONE most important midah/ quality you're looking for in a wife?

Taking the question at face value, I don't look for ONE most important middah in a wife, I look for MANY good middos. I want her to be the best in everything. If you meant what is ONE important middah that I would want her to have to make her beloved to me above all other girls, and that I feel will compliment me the most is Gimilas Chasadim and Kindness. A girl who knows how to make everyone she is in contact with feel good and happy.

3)If you were stranded on an island, what one thing would you want to have with you?

This is kind of an open-ended question because I would have to know for how long, is there a chance of rescue, which island ect. However, to take the question at face value, I would say, a wife that knows Kol Hatorah Kulah and Survival skills (including of course, how to cook well) and is a good companion. I have heard people die more from loneliness on deserted islands and insanity than from lack of food.

4)Whats your worst habit?

My worst habit is procrastination and lack of emunah and bitachon, but I don't admit it, but sometimes I do.

5)What are the names and authors of 5 books that you can re-read over and over again.

Great question. This is hard to answer because there are so many books that are worthwhile to read over and over again. Each time gives a new understnading and perspective in life and growth. Here is a list that I came up with on the spur of the moment but by no means complete.

1) Tanach (throw in the Talmud as well): God
2)Sha'ari teshuvah L'Rabbenu Yona
3)Missilas Yesharim L' Rav Moshe Luzzato
4)Finding your spouse in 30 days by R' Feinhandler
(included in this, is any book by R' Pliskin, R' Avraham Tewerski, R' Avigodor Miller ect.)
5)What Color is your Parachute?Job Hunter

Game rules: Check previous posts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

This was one of the frummest set of questions and answers I've seen in a while. Yikes!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a R' Avigdor Miller fan at all. I also believe in literature, hence my five books would not all be Jewish-oriented. Aside from that, though, hurrah! ;)

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have heard people die more from loneliness on deserted islands and insanity than from lack of food."

And how would anyone know? If they died of loneliness, then no one was there to find out!
Why would you want a wife to have survival skils (and know kol hatorah kuloh), perhaps you should know kol hatorah kuloh andd have survival skills and cook, and perhaps then you could look after her?!
I dont think you have a lack of emuna or bitochan, but just need a little more focus on what qualities you DO have, and where to put them.
Pleses dont look for the best of everything coz no one has it all. Good luck with the wife hunt!

10:21 AM  
Blogger EN said...

Roxie-The way they know is, they have found people with stockpiles of food and were found intact with no signs of wounds and they were young and they commited suicide. As for the knowledgable wife...I took the question to mean if I was at this moment on the island, and unfortunatially I do not know Kol Hatorah or survival skills, (well maybe a little of both) and if I was going to be there and no sign of rescue and I could only request one thing that is what I would want. However you are right that I should be the "man" of the island, lol.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wounds? so how did they die? sounds interesting, do you have anymore gems?

3:30 PM  
Blogger EN said...

Anon-your question is not worthy of an answer, but I'll answer it anyway because I am nice. It was poison. He commited suicide by taking poison.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home