Saturday, December 10, 2005

Secularism

Reading this post by OlehGirl (Feb 7, 2005) conjured a discussion we had in my philosophy class; the old age question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?", and other similar doubts. Our philosophy professor makes it a point not to join sides on any of the issues that are brought up. He explains the two sides of the argument and leaves it at that. I find that any philosophical debate has no ending and a person can believe in whichever way he so desires. One can become a skeptic, one can become an atheist. It is not something one is born as. If one wants to be religious he has that choice. A person has a choice to become secular. Why would someone make such a choice? (Not to say I am above Taivos, but I wouldn't label myself as one who gives into my animalistic desires).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home