Sunday, August 07, 2005

Update

Just a quick update to let you know where I have been....

B'H I am working in a day camp as a councelor and therefore I am not around a computer. It is a breath of fresh air (literally) to be away from the computer. Taking care of kids is a great experiance. It reminds me of my childhood days and of the troublsome antics we would play. It is a whole new perspective on the social activities of children. Yikes! I can't believe that I was a "space cadet". When I compare myself to the kids I am watching, I see myself as one of those kids who didn't care about being with the crowd and was in my own little bubble world. It is painful to see some kids with the same traits. I wish I could teach them maturity quickly. I also see some kids who do not get enough attention at home and those who don't get any sweets. It is painful and sad to see kids licking candies off the floor because they need sweets. One kid told me he can't take home his pizza prize because his mother won't let him eat pizza because he will get dirty. Where have parents sunk to be so selfish to scream and make their kids feel so low? There is so much more to write on the subject and I might do so at a later time.
In other new, B'H I have a date with a girl that I met on sawyouatsinai.com . I plan on taking her to central park. From our phone coversations she sounds like a great girl. She knows halacha and talks a lot. Two things I love in a girl.
Tisha B'Av is drawing closer which mean it is time to work on eradicating sinas chinam. May the temple be built quickly in our days. Amen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatician said...

Maybe you could "mother" (figure of speech) the kids that seem lonely a little more than the others.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Elisheva said...

Hi! Thanks for your nice words (I guess two qualify as words, lol!) on my blog! I came here and see you have such a nice thing going here.
About the mother who doesn't let her kid eat pizza: I was at a simcha and a young wife was wearing a white top (which is 'in' these days), and she would not pick up her kid who had food all over his hands and face, cause i guess it was more important for her to be 'in'! The kid was crying and she just sat there chatting with the other ladies and saying how she COULDN'T pick him up with her white outfit. I was FUMING! I picked him up myself, and gave him some attention and cleaned him up a bit so his selfish mother should at least take him home and not leave him there. (I guess otherwise she would have asked her husband to bring him to the car.)
I just want people to know that sometimes they are outright SELFISH in how they treat they're kids.
And you know something, the kid got my outfit dirty, and he wasn't mine, and i hade to send it to the cleaners, cause it was one of my good outfits (it was at a simcha). And I wanted to send the mother the bill from the cleaners. Not cause i'd take a penny from her, but just to show her that her own child wasn't worth a few dollars to her.
Sorry for letting myself out here.
Shalom

10:01 AM  
Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

Why is it that you need a license to drive a car but not to have a kid?

That story is so absolutely horrible. Please point out, lulei demistafina, that that's the exception and not the rule...I hope!

Shev, you are too beautiful for words. Many people would use your story as an excuse to bash other Jews and abandon Yiddishkeit; you decided to take the situation at hand and give it a lovely and meaningful ending. Let's hope this kid ends up more like you than his mother.

TJ, Good luck on your date!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really ought to break up your paragraphs. Help your readers read.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Elisheva said...

CJ - You know I believe there are nice, lovely ppl too. I think it was you who pointed out (somewhere in some comment) that the papers write bad stuff cause that's what stands out. These mothers are so selfish it makes you sick, but of course most mothers love their children and would do the world for them. It's just that the bad ones can be really bad.

I'm sure we all know ladies and mothers who are wonderful and do amazing things, but I guess we take that for granted. We shouldn't.

And please, the compliments are too much. I guess to be honest where i come from it is rare to get a compliment from a guy, and it's making me blush every time i see it, and I guess having other effects on me...

I'm not complaining. It is so nice to read such things and see that someone has a positive thing to say about you. You obviously have the sensitivity to say such nice things and see them in others.

Last of all - Your blog is amazing, TJ, and BEST of hatzlacha on your date.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Elisheva said...

Oh, and UNFORGIVING, I hope I got the hang of it now.

3:01 PM  
Blogger EN said...

Thanks y'all for your comments.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home