Sunday, December 18, 2005

E=Mc2 What?

So, I was in Far Rockaway this shabbos for an Afruf and I had a fabulous time; the highlight of the shabbos was my speech of course :-). While I won't bore you with what I said, I will tell you a vort that I heard from R' Waxman, who spoke during Seuda Shlishis, b'shem Einstein . R' Waxman said over that he had an aquantance whose father corresponded with Einstein. Among those letters, Einstein said a 'vort'. He wrote (my wording), "It is no coincidene that the gematria of the word 'Shakai', God's name, is 314, the same numbers as in Pi. Just as Pi is infinite among finite so too Hashem is infinite as a circle." As they say a true or maybe made up story; Einstein sent a letter to the Rogachover saying he was as smart as two Einsteins; the Rogochover wrote back, as smart as two Einsteins and 200 Maskilim in change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home