Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hashgocho Protis

Tonight I heard a shiur from Rabbi Moshe Tuvia Lieff, Rav of Congragation Beis Yisrael, Minneapolis. The topic: Hashgacha Protis-recognizing Hashem's hand in our Daily Lives.
Masterfully he brought out the point with examples and stories how we must believe that Hashem runs each and everything that happens in our life for us personally. Even the bad. Hashem looks out for us. He want us to recognize him. He wants us to realize he is there for our good. He supports us in evrything we do and is on the look out for us day and night. Heni Lo Yanum v'Lo Yishan Shomer Yisrael.

Walking back from the shiur I was thinking and mulling it over in my head. Hashem really does care for me. He sets things up even when something bad happens he makes it good. It could have been worse. He gives just punishment but then he stops it at an exact moment. Such as by Yosef. He was being sent down to Mitzrayim and the arabs were taking him down and usually they would be carrying noxious., vile smelling kerosene. By happenstance, (or hashgacha) when they took Yosef down they were carrying sweet smelling spices. Balsam. I may not undertand why G-d does bad things to good people or why we/I deserve the bad that happens. By when I look at it in a lens that G-d doesn't want me to be hurt more than nessisary for growth or for whatever reason, it makes feel protected and safe.

Also a weird thing happened when I was walking home. I saw this young cute girl wearing a shirt that said, "Kiss me I'm Jewish". It made me want to go over to her and hug her. It was such a sweet thing. Of course I didn't and just gave her the thumbs up. She was very cute. I don't know exactly why I reacted like that. It was so spontanious. It gave me this giddy feeling like, hey, someone cares type of thing. I don't know. It made me happy inside and a little sad. It was just a beautiful/sad moment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...we must believe that Hashem runs each and everything that happens in our life for us personally."

I live by the words-
If it's not meant to be, it's NOT gonna be.

1:30 PM  
Blogger EN said...

anon-your point being...?! So do I live by those words, I really mean it.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no point, just comment- I agree
with what you wrote...

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home