Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hassidic Managment

A story excerpted from the book Hassidic Managment:
An urban legend among salesmen tells of a man who went from one hardware store to the next, with the same strange request-"I want a round hole." Every clerk dismissed him as a pest and sent him on his way. Finally, the man wandered into the last hardware store in town, and declared, "I want a round hole." The clerk who was a good listener and a quick thinker, responded, "We're all out of those today. But I've got a great deal on drill bits." The clerk made the sale, because he took the time to understand the customer and his problem.

This reminds me of the story of Hillel and Shamai. I find it important not to ignore people even when they get on my nerves. Besides a lesson in savlanut, patience, good things happen to poeple who respect others and their wants; if I could be the one to fill them, then it would be my pleasure to do so.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see some of the stories in my book resonate with you.

Moshe Kranc
moshe@hasidicmanagement.com

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great message

3:07 PM  
Blogger EN said...

Moshe Kranc-Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoyed reading your book. I have learned a lot by reading it.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home