Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What am I missing?

I was reading the JPost and came across an article describing the unsatisfaction Israelis are having in their sex life (Unsatisfied). An excerpt from the atricle:
"For those concerned about their degree of sexual experience, it may be useful to know that the average number of partners reported worldwide is nine. Here too, gender plays an important role: Men reported an average of 10.2 partners, while women reported a 6.9 average. Israelis are slightly above the average, with a reported average of 10.6 partners."
I started to think. I will God willing only get married once to one partner and have sex with only one person. What am I missing by not having the world average of having sex with another 9.6 partners? Should I feel dissapointed? Is it better I am intimate with only one person instead of being intimate with another 9.6? I think it is my Yetzer Harah that is barking.

5 Comments:

Blogger Moochy said...

Hi Buchor,

If you are with 10 partners, then you will be missing with each one the other nine, (meaning , what they have done better then your current lover) if you are with ionly one you will appreciate it for what it is.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Cosmic X said...

"Is it better I am intimate with only one person instead of being intimate with another 9.6?"

Yes, absolutely. I agree with Moochy. I think that there is a Gemara that says something like that when a divorced man marries a divorced woman, there are four people in their bed: themselves and their former spouses. Not healthy!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

I happened upon your blog and hope you don't mind me butting in. I was once told by someone who was talking about premarital sex to think of it like putting tape on your arm. When you put a piece of tape on your arm the two of you bound together and if the tape is removed it will hurt a lot and take part of you with it, ie your arm hair. Then you go to the next person and try to restick the same piece of tape, it sticks but not as well. When it is removed it hurts but not as much. So each time you restick the tape you lose some of the connection. Isn't it much better to only stick the tape once and never remove it? I hope this helps.

8:26 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Is College having this much of an effect on you already. EN, where is all this coming from.

10:35 PM  
Blogger EN said...

Masmida-You are right, I don't think a guy would be bothered by the calamities you have listed. A guy can be pretty insensitive and immune to emotional feelings.

Except maybe the STD's.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home